Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Crown










Bryce's birthday was last Monday and for his birthday he got...Tools! Yeah, exciting, right? Well he has been wanting an air compressor and nail gun and several kinds of saws ever since we started building this house last year. He loves projects, but especially construction projects. And the project he has wanted to do since we moved in is crown moulding. His goal is eventually to have crown in every room in our new house. Now, I've always been on board with this, crown is very nice looking and adds great detail to a room, but the tools he wanted were expensive. So back in January I decided to start putting a little away each paycheck so that by his birthday I'd be able to hand him a huge chunk of money and say, 'Get what you want honey!' Well, this weekend he was able to put crown up in our powder room. It was not as easy as I thought it would be, but he did it and it looks fantastic! Now only about 1000 more feet and who knows how many more hundreds of dollars and we'll be all set.



For my mother's day the only thing I requested was that I have no responsibilities today. I did not want to dress kids or feed kids or hubby. I just wanted to lay around all day, read a book, and not have guilt. Bryce did a great job of getting the kids ready for church and feeding them breakfast while I lazed around and took a long, leisurely bath. What a great feeling. Hmmm, it's 11am. I am already bored....what should I do with the rest of my day?

1 comments:

annie valentine said...

You have one of the only blogs I read! I am so glad you had a great mother's day, and the crown molding looks fantastic. I vaguely remember the hair brush incident, would you email me with the details? I can remember the brush...