Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pumpkin carving

This year Brody did a great job of cleaning out his pumpkin and even helped put the design on so I could finish the carving. Kels pretty much still sticks to picking out her pumpkin, her design, and then letting us do the rest.

Here is Brody diligently digging. He got all of the seeds out for me-what a big help!

Brody's finished pumpkin. He loved the flaming eyes and he was right~it really looks awesome all lit up at night.


Kelsi is in full-blown WITCH theme this Halloween and she tortured Bryce with this little ditty. That was one hard picture to carve out!



All of our pumpkins on our porch. Bryce did a pirate/skull picture and mine says "Boo" in the middle of a ghost. We also added some orange twinkle lights around our post this year. As we turned off all of the house lights last night and stood out on the sidewalk to admire our handiwork (pumpkins, lights, decorations) Brody said, "If I didn't know who lived here, I'd be scared to go in!" I think that is a total Halloween-y compliment!




2 comments:

Ali said...

You guys did an amazing job! You want to come carve ours?

Kelly said...

Ali, we really aren't that great...our secret is we buy the stencils, mark them on the pumpkins, and cut them out. So easy. Yet, so fun.