This is Spirit week at Brody's school. As a friend of mine wrote on her blog, "What the ?@!" Isn't Spirit week something you do in high school? But as I am learning very quickly, kids these days are doing things much earlier than I did as a kid and I guess you just have to go with the flow.
So Monday was wacky hair day. Luckily Bryce was around to tackle that one because I guarantee Brody wouldn't have ended up with anything quite this cool if it had been up to me. I didn't think his hair could even go into a mohawk. It is pretty thick and long right now.
This hair really lasted all school for Brody and when he got off of the bus it hadn't moved. No, we didn't use any magic hair gel, just basic stuff, but I did notice that Bryce wet it down, gelled it, sprayed it, blew it dry with the hair dryer, and then repeated the previous steps (minus hair dryer) about 4x before Bro got on the school bus. No wonder that hair wasn't moving!
Tuesday was pajama day. Brody was only too proud to show off his Mario pj's. He loves those things. And he did look pretty darn cute. Here he is right before he headed off to get on the school bus.Wednesday (today) was a repeat of last week's wacky socks day. Due to the late start, we were already off schedule with the bus and as I was asking Brody if he wanted to put on his socks I saw the bus drive by our house! Needless to say, after missing his treasured bus ride to school, he could care less about wacky sock day. So after loading Kelsi and Brody in the car, we took off to try and find the bus. That didn't work so well as I have no clue where it goes after it picks Brody up and he couldn't give me much direction either. Since he was flat-out refusing to go to school if I just dropped him off I quickly rushed over to a friend's house to see if Brody could walk to K class with her and her daughter (who is in Bro's class). Thank goodness she said yes!
2 comments:
Brody's hair was one of favorites I saw that day. Good job Bryce!!!
We were happy to walk with him today. Actually it was walk or bike to school day so it worked out well.
Brody, I love the hair! Bryce, way to step up to the plate...Kel, I'm with you: I love you, but you nor I are cool enough to have pulled that one out! Ken
Post a Comment