Monday, October 12, 2009

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Early Sunday morning I woke up with contractions. Those same lovely contractions that I've had several times in the last 2 weeks. Sporadic, varying intensity. Couldn't be false labor again?! But they didn't stop all day. Neither did they get any closer together or stronger and stronger. So after 12 hours of that Bryce and I walked the neighborhood together. It took about :20 min for them to become :5 min apart. So here we are on our way to the hospital-FINALLY at 4pm after 14 hours of labor at home.



And at 7:37pm Sunday night Colton Bryce Schneider was born after 3 pushes and 1 lousy epidural. I'm telling you, if the epidural stinks, you push very efficiently!


The kids were SO excited to come meet 'baby brother.' They couldn't keep their hands or eyes off of him. Both are determined to take care of him. Brody does an awesome job, so careful and gentle, and so attentive. Kelsi is just as determined, but a little rougher than Brody and I can tell I am going to have to keep a very close eye on her around Colton.



They were just in awe of him. Here are some stats:
Born: 7:37pm October 11, 2009
Weight: 7 lbs. 8 oz. Our only child to be out of the 6 lb. range!
Length: 20 inches. Our longest baby
Hair: black (but so were both Bro and Kels)
Eyes: blue-we'll see if they stay that way.




16 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations Kelly! It sounds like things went great and when he decided to make his appearance, he did it quickly!! You look amazing and I'm glad the kids are loving their new little brother!!

Ali said...

I knew it! I even called your home yesterday just to see if you were at home. Congrats!!! Your perfect little family is so cute and you are gorgeous during and after labor! How do you do it?!
Can't wait to see him. I'm officially getting baby hungry...I think...

Brandon and Becca said...

Congrats! I was hoping that was why you weren't at church Sunday. I hear ya on the lousy epidural thing. Pushing is much more effective. He looks like a cutie, and you look great!

Becky said...

Hurray for babies!!! He's a cutie and Ali's right, you look amazing after pushing the little guy out. Congrats to you!

Allisha said...

Hooray he's FINALLY here!!! Congratulations on your beautiful baby!! And I agree you look amazing (what's your secret because I looked like death for like 2 weeks after I had Skyler) Enjoy all the new baby snuggles!!!

KAMBRIA and MATT said...

Congrats! I am so glad he finally arrived and everything went well. He looks like a cutie. I love the picture of you kids looking at him in the hospital crib. Truly in awe. Well, hope you get some rest and lots of help.

Sassyfrass said...

Congratulations Schneider Family! And holy smokes you look amazing for just having delivered a baby!!

Emily said...

Congratulations!!!!! Way to go Kelly! What a sweet little boy. And what a great name! How do you look like a movie star right after having a baby? Please, let me know your secret!

ps. Is your hubs trying to be prego in that first pic? With his hand in his shirt? LOL!

annie valentine said...

I can't believe you posted so soon!!! I tried calling last night, yay!!! I love his name, good choice, and I love your family!

Kelly said...

Thanks everyone! Yes we are loving having him home. He is so precious and life is good :)

Thanks for all of your sweet comments and well wishes.

P.S. Yes Ems, Bryce is such a joker, huh?!

Kristin said...

cute family, congrats on the great,safe delivery and teh adorable new addition, now you know what he was doing in there all this extra time - packing on the oz.! Nice. as for your cuteness - hmmpf! No fair, I still don't look that good and I had my kids 5 years ago!

Alison and Nate said...

Kelly & Bryce and fam,

He matches the rest of you!Im really happy to have gotten the email from your mom and the reprieve from aunt Robin with the pictures. He is beautiful and you looked a little tired ;) but so beautiful as well. Emphasis on the only a little. Thats the best moment. One that only us moms can ever understand. Congratulations and it is nice to hear about your family.

Skeem's said...

Congrats he is beautiful! So glad he is here!!

Denys said...

I know I'm late, but Congrats! anyway. Hope all is going well. :)

Kendra said...

Hey Sis,

He is so absolutely BEAUTIFUL! He looks just like the rest of your kids, from the pictures at least, he looks like a great blend. I can't WAIT to snuggle on that cutie when we come to WA in a couple of months. Everyone's right, of course, you look amazing, I'll try giving you a call today to say hi! Love ya, Ken

ade said...

Beautiful family! Congrats - so excited for you!!

Adrianne