Is this the nicest way to say vomit, puke, or upchuck? Because if it is, that is what Kelsi has been doing for the past 24 hours. Yes, our poor little dear has had her first run-in with the stomach flu. And mom's first experience with a toddler and the stomach flu. Brody has had it once before, but just about 4 months ago and it is SOOOO much easier when your kid can tell you its coming and get themselves to a toilet or pan so puke doesn't go everywhere. Luckily for us 3 out of the 4 times Kelsi's had her "incidents" she has been either in the kitchen or in a bathroom. Unluckily for me, the one time she wasn't she was sitting on my lap, on the couch, while I was on the phone.
So the scenario went like this: she is facing away from me, I am not paying a bit of attention to what she is doing, but somewhere in the back of my mind hear Bryce say, "she's puking" hmmm, what did you say honey?....oh, oh, oh, "I gotta go" I yell to my mother-in-law and throw the phone down. Kelsi's juice, goldfish, ice chips, and chocolate milk from :30 minutes ago is now all over my pants, her jammies, her hands, the bowl of ice chips that was in her lap, the couch cushion, and as Bryce picks her off my lap and moves her the 3 feet to the kitchen floor, a lovely little trail of puke drops follow. She then proceeds to follow me over to the sink and toss more cookies all over the hardwood. I hope it doesn't seep down in the cracks. So I roll up my pants leg to keep the nasties from rolling down my leg onto the floor and run hot water in the sink. While I scrub the floor and the couch cushion (which I add to pile of 'things that have been puked on and scrubbed clean and are now drying' which still includes several pairs of pajamas and her highchair from the 1st incident) Bryce strips her and gives her her second bath of the day in the laundry sink.
I don't like the pukies, but I am sure Kelsi has hated them worse. That horrible feeling is the worst in the world and I just hope she has only a 24 hour situation going on. We hope no one else gets it now!!!!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Tossing her cookies
Posted by Kelly at 10:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel worse for us mothers. They don't remember it but we do.
Oh I hope this has passed! Sick kids are the pits. A few weeks ago I was watching "Jon and Kate Plus 8" (the show about the family with 6 year old twins and 3 year old sextuplets.) Well, the mom was explaining how they pretty much quarantined their sick kids to the laundry room while they had the throw-ups. At first I though, how sad. Look at those little guys laying there on the hard linoleum. But then I realized that Kate is a genius! Go ahead and throw up all you want...it's easy cleaning. Oh how I wish I had a laundry room big enough!
Post a Comment