Sunday, September 7, 2008

Brody turns 5




HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRODY!!




Our wonderful son turned 5 years old yesterday. And I'll admit, I was feeling a bit nostalgic all Friday night and all day Saturday because the day I went into labor with Brody 5 years ago was a Friday afternoon around 3pm and he was born the next morning, Saturday, at 7:47am. So, I don't know, something about knowing that it was the exact same timeline as the evening and morning I was in labor with him and he was born, was totally getting to my mind. I kept looking at the clock and thinking about where I was in labor with him all evening long on Friday. Then remembering Saturday morning to a morning 5 years earlier when his birth made Bryce and I parents. It was very special.

He invited his cousin Canon, to come spend the night-me telling him he could have 1 friend over. We took the kids out to pizza and then went to Charlie's Safari-a fun place for kids to play, with several air-inflated bounce houses and a huge climbing area with slides and etc. Bryce and I played putt-putt golf while the kids played and he whipped me soundly! I ended up owing him a foot massage for a hole in one.

The next day all the family came up for cake, ice cream and presents. It was a beautiful and sunny day and we were so grateful to have family close to come and celebrate the special time with us.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday, Brody! I just love Charlie Safari! Your foot massage deal sounds like the kind of deal Dustin & I would make.

Emily said...

What a great birthday! That Charlie Safari places sounds awesome. I LOVE the family picture you have at the top of this post. Beautiful!!!

Whitney Seaberg said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for inviting us, it was nice to see you :)

Skeem's said...

Happy birthday brody, what a big boy, 5! I love the last picture of the cousins, and tyler is some how held up in the air:) I too like the family pic at the top, very cute.

annie valentine said...

Um, where are his other cousins? Didn't the Baxter's make it up? Wish we could have been there.