Here is my recipe for apple crisp. I took the crisp my mom makes and tweaked it. As in added more butter and sugar-yes, that makes it the yummiest. So if you are not into a crunchy, sweet, buttery topping on your crisps, back off and quit reading because this thing is delectable.
For the topping:
1c brown sugar
1 1/2c white sugar
2 1/2c flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/4c oatmeal
*Mix topping together, set aside
For a 9x13 pan, peel approx. 8 Fuji apples (this is the kind I like, use whatever you like though) and slice into a greased pan. Sprinkle approx 1/3c of a sugar/cinammon mixture (you know, just sugar mixed with cinammon to taste) onto apples and toss until well coated. Now for the yummiest part....
Melt 2 sticks of real butter and mix into dry ingredients until all the dry has been covered with butter. If you need to melt more butter to make this happen, melt away and add it. Spread buttered topping all over top of apples. If you want more topping than this makes, repeat above steps for topping. Some people like it really thick and honestly, I can't remember HOW thick the original amounts make the topping. Let's just say it ain't skimpy though, okay?
Cook in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly and crispy. It may not get super crispy due to all of the butter, but it will harden a little upon cooling.
There you go, impress your hubby tonight!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Kelly's Yummiest Apple Crisp
Posted by Kelly at 3:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We'll pretend that if he were here I would.
As a big fan of apple crisp, all this did was make me hungry!
What are you doing to me!!! I don't eat things like buttery sugary...oh wait, never mind. I do.
I think I am going to add this to our wards cook book that I am helping put together. AND I'll make it for our family! :) I am so glad that I have this to keep up with your family. The kids are growing so quickly. I have to update mine again...
I am so making this...wait do I have to add the apples? I'll have to go an buy some first thing. I think something like this counts as a healthy breakfast, right? oatmeal and fruit. Rock star status to you for posting this recipe!
Crunchy, sweet and buttery...my mouth is watering already. Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment