Brody is getting really good at saying his prayers. He volunteers at home now for dinnertime prayers, family prayers, and car prayers. He seems to have his own little things he says and is usually good for a few standards:
"Thank you for the earth and sky"
"Please bless the gas stations so we can buy gas so we can drive"
"Bless us to have safety"
And then a new one popped up last night while he was blessing dinner,
"Please bless when I turn 5 and go to Kindergarten that I can wipe myself"
Sometimes as a parent it is so hard to stay reverant during the prayer and that one about knocked my off of my seat. But I am very happy to know that my continual threats of "when you turn 5 you have to start wiping yourself," are settling in. Although, he isn't going to Kindergarten when he is 5, so apparently there is still a little confusion there. Oh well, I'll just keep telling him he starts Kindergarten next year and see if that sticks at anytime. At least he really does still have a full year to get the wiping thing down.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Amen
Posted by Kelly at 9:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You just made my short list of bloggers I think people should read. You are hilarious.
Ah, the stresses of life. And deadlines. And social responsibility. Who knew he'd be dealing with all these at almost 5? Give him regards from Aunt Jenny!
Thanks you guys! I know you understand.
Just remeber Mom's (Grandma Diane') favorite saying, "This too will pass". Of course when you are talking about this subject it can have double meaning. Good luck with that. I can still remember Tim as a little boy yelling at the top of his lungs (to some horrified babysitter) "Come and Wipe Me", Yeah, make her day. Kerry
Now I am really really laughing and I made Luke read it to. What a nice sincere prayer, thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment