Okay, here we go....tagged again. Thanks Natalie. Actually, really, thank you-it gives me something to blog about.
1) All the clothes in my closet hang by color. In my kids' closet they hang by color, then long-sleeve/short-sleeve. Bryce's closet hang by style, then seperated into color.
2) Every single night I have to take a walk around the house and check every window to make sure it is locked, the garage door to make sure it is closed, and all applainces turned off or unplugged.
3) My checkbook has to be balanced to the penny. Yes, sometimes it gets off and sometimes I search for the offage and sometimes I just write it in and move on-see how relaxed I am getting?
4) I can watch the same movies or read the same books over and over and over and over and over again! Myhusband thinks I am crazy....
5) Apparently I tend to have over dramatic reactions to minor things. Again, this drives my husband crazy. (He came up with that one).
6) Okay people, I know everyone out there probably thinks I suffer from OCD, so here's one to solidify your assumption. Every thing in my pantry faces with the labels out and turned at precisely all the same angle. So does everything in my cupboards. Don't knock me-I like it that way, you can see everything and it looks pretty.
7) I totally hate it when people driving in cars do not use their blinker. Hello! I'd like to know if you are turning or changing lanes so I can drive accordingly. I, law abiding citizen that I am, always do, but my husband never does and this drives me crazy...
8) I like to dress my kids in coordinating holiday outfits. I tried church outfits for awhile-always dressing them in the same color or shade of color but now that Kelsi is totally into pink, pink, pink, with a willing purple thrown in there-it ain't so easy. I can't wait for the next baby, because you'd better believe it will be coordinating with someone.
9) I love old music and listen to my GRANDMA'S station-KIXI 880 AM (680 AM is also a great station for anything pre-1950's music)...oh I also wear support hose, a flowered house apron, and get my hair permed down at the 'beauty salon...'
10) I am a nighttime freak and can awaken to even the tiniest "what was that?!" noise, sure at any moment I will come face to face with some crazy wandering around in my house. I have planned escape routes from every room in the house, including how I would get my kids and what household items I would use to smack an intruder in the head with. So beware....there is a 14in heavy metal candlestick that I keep in Kelsi's closet for just such an occasion!!
So now I am going to tag Whitney, Emily, and Nicole.
10)
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Ten Quirks of Kelly
Posted by Kelly at 12:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
And you didn't think you were quirky! ;-) Sorry to put you on the spot, but my internet social circle isn't that big so when I get tagged you better believe a tag is coming your way!
BTW, I would LOVE to have my mind work the way yours does. You seem to ENJOY doing the things that all of us are supposed to do but avoid. It's cool.
This was so fun for me to read. As soon as I saw you'd been quirk tagged, I knew it would be good. I think I love your quirks because they are the essence of Kelly.
I also love that aside from the candlestick in Kelsi's closet (which I can totally imagine), and the variation in closet organization for Bryce's clothes (which makes complete sense when I think about it), I knew all your quirks. They are the Kelly I love.
How come all your quirks are positive? My husband would love it if our pantry was organized like that, maybe you should start a home org business, share your talents. You could offer a heavy duty candlestick for each client as a bonus.
Kristin is a good business woman! I love that idea! I could use more cash flow... what kind of business should I start, Kristin?
These are all things I like about you! I never once was afraid when we lived together in UT. I knew every night that our locks were doubled checked. Usually by myself, but always by you!
So not only do we have laundry ties, but we have quirk ties as well! That was fun to read!
Holy Cow---it's like I was reading about myself. Minus the kids part seeing as I don't have any of those:) Good to know I'm not the only person out there obsessively organize their closet:)
Ok the jar thing reminded me of sleeping with the enemy so if bryce ever "dies" and we can't find his body, we'll know he's still out there "somewhere" :) lol!!! (if you are reading this and have no idea what i'm talking about what the movie!)
I'll do this as soon as I can come up with 10. I'll think of em tonight!!!
watch the movie sorry
Post a Comment