Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dungeness Spit


Our next stop was the Dungeness Spit. It is a sandy/beachy strip of land that extends out into the ocean near Sequim. Actually it was only a 3 mile drive from the Game Farm. So on we went. We parked and the attendant told us it was a 1/2 mile walk to the Spit and then you could hike along it over 5 miles down to the end where there is a lighthouse! Now, not that it wouldn't have been a blast to see the lighthouse, but a round trip 10 mile hike? With kids? Pregnant? Not on my watch, I'll tell ya! We pretty much set up camp at the base of the trail and the kids played there. It was a beautiful walk through the woods to get down to the beach, the kids did great.




This was about as close as Kelsi wanted to get to the water and even that turned out to be too close! She spent most of her time on the driftwood watching Brody run from the waves.
This was too funny, I had to take a picture. A little ways down the beach from us, there was a women taking pictures of her two daughters in mermaid outfits. Kelsi totally was sure it was Ariel! But I was way too embarrassed to ask if I could take her picture with the mermaid.












1 comments:

Kristin said...

This looks like such a fun trip! The whole family too, nice!