Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just stuff

I thought I would throw on a few random pictures of what the kids have been doing the last couple of days. For those of you who don't know, Brody wants a dog-a real dog-so badly. Of course that leads to Kelsi thinking she must have a cat or perish. However, neither Bryce or I are indoor-pet-people and because our backyard is the size of a postage stamp, we have said no pets for the time being.

So, as a compromise (for right now), each kid has several stuffed animal pets of their choice that they drag around. Brody even feeds his dogs from 'water bowls' and tucks them into his bed at night. Currently they are all on a field trip to Grandma's house. He really does try to treat them like real pets because his dad has told him if he can take care of these dogs, MAYBE he can get a real dog. Yeah, he's taken that and run with it.

Because these animals are underfoot, in kids' arms, and are now currently calling me 'grandma,' I thought I'd better get some pictures.





Here is Kelsi, she just looked so cute with her curly hair and headband I had to take a picture of her toasting me with her spoon.



The newest additions: Kelsi's cat Seraphina...guess where she got that name. Brody's puppy Paws. They actually are really cute toys and purr and bark and wag tails and all sorts of stuff.
Brody dressed in some batman stuff and check out his other two dogs, Puppy and Blackie. Yes, those are bat-masks on those dogs. The things a mom will do.
Kelsi dressed as a princess with her dog Brownie. Aren't we such original namers? She also has a cat named...you guessed it~Kitty Cat.
Totally random here, a picture of me pregnant, about 17 weeks. This was about 2 weeks ago, but I don't look too much different now. I seem to be a slow grower this time around. I realized I didn't have very many pictures taken of me pregnant with either of the other two kids and thought I'd try to do a little bit better this time.

10 comments:

Natalie said...

How cute. All of them, but especially the belly shot.

Kendra said...

OK, you make me sick you thin, cute, pregnant person you! You look so great! Also, GREAT pictures of the kids, they are so funny! I love the bat masks and I am so surprised neither of my girls have named any of their pets Seraphina...and yes, I totally know where it comes from! Oh, and I LOVE Kelsi's hair curly, did you do that with a curling iron? Love the pics!

Ali said...

You're a "grandma" already?! You look so tiny for being 17 weeks! Lucky girl!! Your kids are so cute. We deal with the same problem here in naming our toys. ;) You are such a good mom, love the masks on the puppies.

Whitney Seaberg said...

Oh come on, you can't remember when you were pregnant with Brody and we couldn't even tell you were pregnant until you were like 6 months along??? I think that is not even an exageration, I even asked mom! You carry your kids so well. GOOD JOB!! I took a prego pic today and I'll have to download and post. I did horrible this pregnancy taking pics, it's the only one I have! Love all the pics, keep up the posting!

Kristin said...

cute baby bump! - those bat-dogs are so cool! My boys wanted a dog before, but if I show them this they are going to want a BAT-dog and a baby sister...hmmm, actually maybe they will just want bat masks for their dinos - can you make those?

Stephanie said...

Cute pictures...and LOVE the preggo pic...you are still tiny. Blessed you. :) Glad you are doing great. My kids have wanted a real live noise-making pet for a long time also. We are taking a test run soon with our friends' dog who is a no-shed dog...bichon or something like that. We'll see how it goes. They want to give it to us now that her kids are gone and she's working on her phD, no time for a dog.

Kelly said...

You guys are so funny! Thanks for the sweet comments about the baby belly. Would someone tell my hubby? Yesterday I asked him if I was looking pregnant or fat and he said just fat! Geez, I thought it was getting obvious I was pregnant. So I definitely appreciated the nice comments, after hubby's comment, I needed it!

Ken, Kelsi's hair is done by washing the night before the putting in pigtails and then twisting the hair and tucking it into the ponytail. Works great!

Seraphina comes from Barbie Princess and the Pauper-Kelsi is a huge fan!

Kristin~dino masks...so easy! Come up, we'll craft. But bring me some of your awesome ideas!

Skeem's said...

Your belly is so cute, oh wait that is what my belly looks like and my baby is 4 months old:( Looks like the kiddies had fun!

annie valentine said...

You are looking awesome. I had to tell you, it's nice to hear that you're one of "those" pregnant girls, I bet. Too cute.

Emily said...

Kelsi's curls are adorable!!! Your kids sounds like they are so much fun.