I know every mom feels their kids are something special and today I realized....that's because they are! It's just that moms are the braggers because they are usually the ones who get to witness those special little moments that pass by so quickly. You know, the one where you catch your little kids giving each other a hug after a fight or when you hear them offering their own little prayer about something they want or something that is bothering them.
Today I got a little glimpse of something special about Brody. Well, really cute, funny, and special...we were riding in the car, taking his cousin home when I hear this conversation from the backseat:
Canon: "Brody, when we grow up you should build a house next to me so we can play together every day."
I listened to Brody's answer in surprise as he said, "Well, it will depend on where my wife and I will decide to live. I think maybe she will want to live in Olympia."
Are you kidding me? Since when does a 5 year old think far enough into the future to actually consider his wife's wants?! Half the husbands I hear about don't do that at 30. I was seriously having a hard time not bursting out laughing because it was said so matter-of-factly and like such a grown-up coming from a little boy. But I also was thinking, geez, what a guy I have been sent to raise, I hope I am worthy to the task of teaching him all I need to and helping to mold the gifts he came with.
Bless these children and BLESS the mothers who pray and worry and love these kids to be able to raise them how our Father in Heaven would want. I know I am trying.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
That's my boy
Posted by Kelly at 7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What an amazing little boy! Brody has always been so thoughtful and past his years...kind of reminds me of his mom! And of course his aunt :) (Whitney, I mean). Lucky future wife, wherever she may be!
That is so sweet! It sounds like you are doing a great job if he is already considering the feelings of his future wife! Nice Work!
What a boy! That's adorable!
That's a cute little conversation. It's so fun to listen to kids' conversations when they think we can't hear them. I love their honest answers, especially when they are so sweet like Brody's. :)
He is so cute and sweet! What a catch already! ;)
That is pretty cute. Happy Mother's Day!
His future wife is one lucky woman.
Post a Comment