Today Bryce and I were supposed to find out the sex of the baby. I love this day! This is the second most exciting day of pregnancy (only to the actual having of the baby). Bryce has made the arrangements through his schedule to be free for the viewing and Grandma Linda has been called for babysitting duties. Everything was arranged.
Enter my sister, Whitney.
Whitney is 37 weeks pregnant with her second child. (The first being only 14 months at this time-yeah- lucky/crazy her!) Yesterday morning she calls to tell me she's 'leaking.' For all of you know-its out there, her water has broken and this is the first sign of, 'you are going to the hospital, you will have this baby, there is nothing stopping it now.' Whitney and I have the same OB-and I threaten her....just don't mess up my appointment tomorrow (half-joking. I know she has no control, but geez, I really wanted to get to that appointment). However, I am thinking along these lines:
Her baby is at a +2 (that means sitting REALLY low)
Hey, she's got at least 18 hours to have the kid before it might become an issue
She's been having tons of hard contractions for the past couple of weeks so she's gotta be dialated to at least a 3-4, right?
So, my assessment? This kid is coming fast! WHATEVER! It is 9am, has been 19 hours, she's only dialated to an 8 and the nurse said it could still be some time. Plus, my dr.'s office already called at 7am and told me because he's been up all night with her at the hospital he's rearranging all of his morning appointments and I have now been bumped back to next Thursday to find out the sex of this baby.
Big Bummer!
But, so excited for my sister and her new baby, can't wait to see and hold him. That does help make up for it.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Oh so disappointed!
Posted by Kelly at 9:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OKay! That's hilarious! I mean, I would be totally bummed too since THAT ultrasound is pretty much my favorite prenatal visit of all, so I feel awful for you. But to have it be Whitney's fault? Priceless. I've been wondering about her. I heard at three yesterday afternoon that she was at the hospital, so I was just anxiously waiting for someone to tell me the length, weight, & name! Poor Whit!
So sorry, Kel! Hopefully Thursday will come quickly for you. Give Whit's baby a love from Aunt Kendra.
I'm sure you got my email, but still - THAT WHITNEY!! Oh well, I'll be waiting for the news next week...
Thanks for the update! Yep, that coulda been a really big baby if he made it to 40 weeks. They say they gain about a lb. a week in the last month, don't they? And my next question is: what's his name?!
I got rescheduled with Kyle because the tech was sick... I was so mad. I guess one more sleepless week for you in anticipation.
Bummer!!! But kind of funny at the same time. It's unusual to actually know the person to blame!
Post a Comment