This weekend our family decided we needed to get away and have some fun! I am so glad that we did. We haven't been much for vacations...this was Kelsi's first stay in a hotel and she is 3 years old! Brody's only been one time before, so you can see, we have not been so great in the travel department.
So, we decided to head up towards Port Angeles and Sequim. Yes, interesting vacation destination-I know. But having to book a hotel the weekend before Memorial Day can limit your choices. Plus, Bryce has been wanting to take the kids to the Olympic Game Farm. So we went, here are some pictures. The top picture is a reindeer shedding it's winter coat...these things were huge!
The kids standing outside the Game Farm lookout tower.
Bryce feeding a zebra. All of the animals got up so close to the car, I think they were rubbing their noses on our doors and windows!
The kids standing outside the Game Farm lookout tower.
Bryce feeding a zebra. All of the animals got up so close to the car, I think they were rubbing their noses on our doors and windows!
A yak. These were fairly small, about the size of a pony.

Cool rhino! But, oh my gosh, this thing stunk to high-heaven! Check out that guy. He was in an enclosed area-no chance of him getting up to our car!

The bears were neat. Very fun and playful. This one would catch bread in his mouth when we threw it, then put up his paw like this, indicating he wanted more.
Cool shot of him on his hind legs.
A close-up, beauty shot of a buffalo. These things were huge and came right up to your car. Bryce swears years ago when his grandma was alive, her story is she was at the game farm and a buffalo stuck his head through the open windown and got it stuck. Her passenger was a boxer and hauled back and punched it in the nose and it jerked free. I was a non-believer of this story before I actually witnessed how close they get to the car and I swear, if we had our windows down when we went by them, he would have stuck his head in our car!
This is the Jeep in front of us, just a good reference for how big the buffalo were. Those are baby reindeer on the right of the car and I didn't get a picture of the adult reindeer, but their antlers were above the height of the Jeep!Overall, a very fun trip to the Game Farm and of course, a beautiful day. The kids loved it! They kept moving from one side of the car to the other to get good views and Kelsi kept using her Hello Kitty wristwatch to 'take' pictures of the animals like Bryce and I were!
2 comments:
wow that is a crazy Rhino!
Wow this place looks so cool! That rhino's horn is outa' control! Glad he was locked up.
What a fun, family trip! Love all the great pictures.
Post a Comment