Sunday, April 7, 2013

California Adventure, Day 2 cont...

 Cars Land was really amazing.  If you've ever seen the movie (and who hasn't?) it looks like you have actually stepped into Radiator Springs.  SO COOL.
 I take it back  Roger Rabbit was not the longest line we stood in, Cars was by far the longest. At least one solid hour and :50 min into it, we could finally see the loading dock, Kelsi says she has to pee so badly there is no way she can wait.  So I run her out of line, down to the bathroom, back and get into line just in time to see Bryce and Brody get OFF the ride on the other side.  Boo. :( 
 Good news is :5 min later Kelsi and I are loaded and ready to roll.  Such a fun, fun ride.  Well worth the wait.  A fun little story: a few hours later that day a lady came up to us and handed us 2 fast passes to the Cars Ride, saying she wasn't going to be able to use them.  We thanked her so much and tried to decide who should go again.  At this point the wait was well over an hour at the ride and no more fast passes available.  So Bryce and I decided the kids should go. We walked them up the the front of the fast pass line, giving them instructions like stick together and try to get in the front of the car so they could actually see.  The fast pass ticket takers said," um, so sorry but the kids aren't old enough to go on their own," and while we were standing there trying to figure out who would go, the guy pulls two more fast passes out of his pocket and tells Bryce and I, "here you go, best part of the job is making the magic happen."  We were so floored!  How awesome, magic indeed.  Disneyland, you provide!
 After the ride we stopped to have a bite at the Cone Place.  Cute set-up.  Kids got ice cream and Bryce got cheese chili, then Bryce got ice cream and the kids got cheese chili!
 While waiting I noticed a huge line forming behind Bryce, so I stepped around the corner and saw...
 Lightening McQueen!  Colton was in love with Cars at this point so I snapped a quick picture and took a video. He was pretty cool looking though-just like he came out of the movie and rolled onto the street. 
Here is a picture of "Talking with Crush," which I have to admit, is pretty cool.  He does this whole presentation thing and then actually talks to kids in the audience.  The kids raise their hands and then Crush actually calls on them and talks.  One of the kids he called on was Kelsi!  He asked her her name and then after she answered he was like, "Dude, Cowabunga Kelsi!"  He asked her about her best friend and then she asked him who his best friend was.  It was super cute and I really wish I had thought to have my video camera out, but it happened way too fast to get it out once I realized he was going to talk to her. 

That about does it for my pics from CA Adventure, but we also saw Woody, went on the Ariel ride, which I thought was super cute and the boys hated, got over priced hot dogs (our worst meal in the park), Monsters Inc ride, which was cute, some Bug's Life ride that went up and down-very babyish and almost made me sick, (I have such a touchy stomach!) and who knows what else cause I am forgetting already!

We actually left CA Adventure around dinner time and went back over to Disneyland, the next post is how we finished out day 2.

0 comments: