Sunday, April 7, 2013

California Adventure, Day 2

 Here we are, moments after coming into CA Adventure.  It didn't take me too long to figure out we had no idea what to do or where to go to get the most out of our day.  There was a HUGE crowd running for somewhere (later found out it was for the Cars ride fast pass) so we decided to avoid them and went the opposite direction.  Found out we were headed for the Tower of Terror and because it was one of the rides Brody and Bryce really wanted to do, it turned out perfectly!
 Bryce and I weren't sure if it was a good ride to take Kelsi on and she wasn't sure she wanted to go so we played it safe and I stayed with her while the boys went.  She wanted to have her picture taken in front of it anyway though :)  So lucky, the wait was only :5 min!
 We went around the corner to wait by the exit and lo and behold, look who came out of the gate there!  Kelsi was so excited.  She showed Minnie her cute mouse ear painted toes.  I think Minnie was very impressed.  An autograph and a picture later and Kelsi was one happy camper.  Then Bryce and Brody came off the Tower and they were stoked.  Great way to start the day.
 Here is a picture of Paradise Pier.  We happened to be standing right here when they announced a show was about to start on the water.  We got perfect front row seats and Goofy came out to lead the show and stood right behind us!  Literally, right behind us.  So cool for the kids.
 Soaring Over California was next.  Kelsi was taking a picture of me with her little disposable camera :)  The kids loved this ride. I liked it, but I kept feeling like I was going to fall out of the seats and to make it worse, Kelsi kept leaning way forward, freaking. me. out.
 We made it through alive and went onto Grizzly River Run.  Here is a great pic of the kids in front of the Grizzly himself. 
Bryce took a picture of the kids and I on the Grizzly Run, it was so much fun!  I think we were all a little afraid of getting too wet and we did stay pretty dry...until...we just got the wrong bounce off of the wave.  WET.  But the girls riding with us assured us we missed the BIG explosion of water near the very end.  Apparently we almost got it. These girls knew what they were talking about as we were coming nearer and nearer the last big up and down fall they were watching this little volcano thing off to the side steam and do little blows.  They thought it was gonna be close to blowing fully by the time we passed.  It got the guys behind us and soaked them thoroughly. Like dripping hair and soaked clothes.  So glad we missed that!

The next stop for us?  Cars Land.

0 comments: