Sunday, April 7, 2013

Disney Day 1 cont.

 Here is Brody searching over the map on our way into the park.  We loved having the maps and used them often.  The kids loved their fanny packs (thank you so much friends who loaned them to us!)
 After seeing a few characters we made our way towards Sleeping Beauty's castle (at least I think it's her castle- I always think it should be Cinderella's). Had to get the traditional picture in front of it.  It was crazy bright there and I hadn't brought my sunglasses into the park.  Not going to make that mistake again!  But the weather was awesome.  Then it got hot...TOO hot....sweat dripping down your back hot...and this lady got cranky.  I hate sweaty hot weather.  One of the many times I was so glad we didn't bring Colton.  It would have been miserable having him in a stroller and having to push it.
 Our first stops were Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, and Big Thunder Mt RR.  Coincidentally, these are the 3 rides we ended up loving best and rode over and over and over again!  These are a must have ride for any Disney trip.
 Sitting outside the Tiki Room waiting for the next show.  Yes, the sun was bright!  We ended up buying sunglasses for everyone at our hotel that day. 
 On to Fantasyland and the Pinocchio ride.  It was fun, but the kids didn't really know the story line all that well, since I don't think they have ever seen the movie.  But I thought the ride did a great job telling the story, it was fun, and cool.
 Standing in the Peter Pan line.  It was crazy, this line is always long.  Even if you can walk on to practically any other ride in Fantasyland this one never got below 20 min wait that we saw.  Kelsi had to find some shade.  It was waiting in this line I thought I was going to lose it to heat stroke.  The people in front of us had a 2 year old they had to hold or else the kid would fuss and it was at this moment I KNEW we had done the right thing by leaving Colton at home.  He had a blast anyway being on his own with the grandparent's and never knew what he was missing!
 So worth it.  I love this ride!  The kids' nursery room in the Peter Pan ride.  I wanted to get a great shot of flying over the city just as you come out of the nursery, but my camera didn't get it clearly.  Too bad, next time!  I love that part.
Next to the Jungle Cruise ride.  I liked this one, nice and cool on the water.  The kids and Bryce also loved this one and we rode it several times.  Loved that there was never more than a 5 or 10 min wait.  Such a fun ride, love being on the water.  Try to get a spot up front and not near the motor in the back.  We were careful not to make this mistake after the first time on.

Day 1 continued...

0 comments: