Sunday, April 7, 2013

Disneyland or BUST!

September of 2012 our family decided it was time to take our first trip to Disneyland.  Brody, 9, and Kelsi, 6, were the perfect ages.  It was a tough decision, but we left Colton, 2, at home with the grandparents.  Here we are on the first leg of our trip-the kids' first airplane rides.  Out of SeaTac we go!
 And into CA we land.  We got our rental car and headed off to the first CA landmark we can think of...
 In-N-Out Burger! We score ourselves a couple of cheeseburgers, fries and shakes and make our way to Castaic (about an hour north) to visit with Bryce's sister and her family. 
 Here we are just chillin' with the family; Brody, Ricky, Kelsi and Nicolette, and Chloe.  Tiffany had to run off to a soccer game, but we did get a chance to see her when we first got there.  We loved visitng, swimming in the pool, eating pizza, jumping on the trampoline (I even shocked everyone-even Bryce!  by getting on the tramp and showing off my flipping skills.  I am just glad I could still flip without breaking my neck.  I haven't done backhand springs or flips with twists in over 15 years.  But momma's still got it!).
 Bryce especially enjoyed his little joyride in this baby.  A Ferrari is definitely a California kind of car.  He was in the passenger seat leaving, but the driver's seat coming back.  I don't even want to know.
 The next morning we were ready and thrilled to be heading off to Disneyland!  A picture of the momentous occasion just outside our hotel...
 ...and waiting to cross the street to the gates....
 ...and at the front gates, going in!  Love the Halloween decorations they had up.  I have only ever been in the busy summer time so these decorations and the lesser crowds were a real treat. 
We walked in and the first thing we see are the characters standing around the square signing autographs.  There were already lines at all of the other characters and Chip and Dale were pretty open and the closest ones to us, so over we went.  The kids were a little hesitant about asking for autographs and pictures at first, but quickly got into it.

The first morning we went was a Sunday and we got there just at 8am, opening time.  We were thrilled to see no lines at any rides.  Sometimes it felt like we were almost the only ones in the park.  It was like that until about 10am or so.  Then the people started filling it up.  Still not bad lines, but looking back those first 2 hours of our Disney experience were some of the best!  More to come.

2 comments:

Ali said...

I love your Disney posts! I would love to take the kids again and want to see Cars land. Bug Thunder Mountain RR was my girls' favorite ride too, we went on it at least a dozen times.
What's the deal with ferrari? How did Bryce get into it?

Kelly said...

Love Disney! I am already saving for our next trip, planning probably for fall of 2015 I think :) Bryce's brother in law owns the car and took him for a ride. Actually I should say, Bryce took HIM for a ride, I guess Bryce really worked it over and the the guy was like, "whoa, watch the tranny..." eesh. I am glad I was not in the car!