Here are the boys standing in line at Autopia. The girls drove together because, ah hem, we've seen the boys drive at Seaside.
Kelsi doing her best to keep it on the track and ahead of the boys on the other track. She so ROCKED it! I had to try all of my best tricks of alternately fluttering and stomping on the gas pedal to keep it going. I finally settled on the stomp and hold which kept us at a fairly fast pace, but kept us from stalling out. Which I noticed was happening to a ton of people around us.
Driving the route, such a fun ride if you don't count the exhaust coming from these 50 year old cars. I am positive they do NOT pass California's emissions test.
Here are the boys behind us, we managed to stay ahead of them, mostly thanks to my stomp and hold method on the gas pedal. I found out later they were one of the ones that had trouble keeping their car going. Girls rock!
After begging all day for a Mickey Mouse ear ice cream bar, we came across a vendor at an opportune time and Kelsi had her wish. I won't tell you that we got into the Nemo Sub ride line next and within :5 min half of that Mickey Mouse ice cream bar fell off of the stick and onto the ground right in the middle of the walkway. Fun times. Waste of money. But she must have been satisfied cause she never asked for another one :)
Ready to be the next to hop onto the sub and go meet Nemo. This ride is so overrated. I think I liked it better when Walt did it with mermaids and traveling through the water and ice caps and whatever else the original ride did. The adding of the Nemo characters was the lamest up-sell in the world. I still can't believe the line for this ride is long! Our kids thought it was lame too. However, they still took about 5 pictures each of the inside of the sub (which is not interesting past 1 pic) and of those little portholes you look out of with nothing but bubbles going past the window. It was too funny developing their little disposable cameras and seeing what they actually took pictures of!
Here they are in the sub, waiting for the ride to start. Excitement reigns.
Kelsi absolutely fell in love with these "wedding Minnie ears." I tried and tried to tell her how impractical they were and how she would get more use out of ones that didn't have a veil hanging off of the back but she was adament. So we bought them. She's never even put them on again. But hey! Ya gotta have a cool Disneyland souvenier and now she does :)
Here's our family, the end of our first day at Disneyland. It was an amazing first day. I still think it was my favorite day of all. It was long, it was hot, it was full, full, full of fun times after another. We went to Fantasmic and also saw a cool light show on Sleeping Beauty's castle that night. I loved it!
Sunday, April 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment