Saturday, March 20, 2010

Burned by Ebay

I have been using ebay for my over-the-internet buying pleasure for about 6 years now. I started slowly...an Elmo video for Brody, a children's tape here or there, a few childhood memoribilia kind of stuff. Now I have progressed into children's clothes.

I have found ebay to be a fun place to grab some great kids' items for a fraction of the regular cost. So now and then I like to get online and browse a little to supplement closets around our house. I have never had a bad experience until now.

Luckily I never spend much, about $10 being my personal cap (hey, you add in s&h and all of the sudden it's as much as it would be in the store). But today I got burned. I think. It doesn't look good.

Two weeks ago I won a snazzy little bundle of about 5 sweater vests for Colton. Okay, I know that is a crazy overload on sweater vests but the whole thing came for $4.99 and I really liked a couple of them and he does have to wear something to church on Sunday...so anyway, after $4 shipping I was like, 'score on that deal!'

So time goes by and still no sweater vest package in the mail. Hmmm. I get online to check out the listing. Apparently, I can't check the listing, it has disappeared, along with the person who sold it to me as they are now 'not registered with ebay anymore.' Wow! That has never happened before. It really doesn't look good. So I opened a complaint with the Resolution Center. Cause, gosh darn't, I want my $9 back. I am cheap like that.

4 comments:

Ali said...

I'm afraid more of this is happening on ebay lately. Luckily ebay is really good about it especially if you used Paypal you're covered. It's still so disappointing not to get something you've been excited about.

Kelly said...

Thank goodness I use Paypal! I think all will turn out well. Luckily those sweater vests were not too exciting :)

Too bad this is happening so much, I really love ebay.

Kendra said...

Ooh, Sis, sorry! I've been burned twice, one for $5.00 and one for $20.00 and I never got my money back because I couldn't figure out how to!

Stephanie said...

Bummer, hopefully you'll get your money back and thankfully it wasn't a huge amount of money. I'm sure the vests were really cute!