Wednesday, March 3, 2010

That's just life

Sometimes it seems that life is just full of projects. You are jumping like a frog from one to the other with rapid speed. For the past year we have been saving our every last dime so we can buy one of these little beauties. A Lexus GX 470, my dream car. Yesterday Bryce was working in Seattle and stopped by a dealership to drive one and decided it was definitely worth me coming up to Seattle today to take a look. That means last minute daycare for the kids, bank business, quotes from mechanics (on a timing belt), clean up our trade-in, and a ton of other last minute details to see to, if we do by chance buy it.

Well, we went, we saw, we passed. Not that a Lexus GX isn't the most wonderful driving experience on the planet, but it didn't have all our options and what it did have was dog-smell. Pee-yew. So after a rapid last 24 hours trying to coordinate stuff I was looking forward to a peaceful night at home. I came downstairs to get some tea before I took a soak in the tub and noticed that my sink wasn't draining.

A clogged sink. Lovely. Just what everyone wants at 9pm at night. So after much "Googling" and Bryce plunging and plunging and then tearing everything apart; here is where we sit. Tomorrow I will storm Home Depot in search of a 'snake,' and I will snake this bad boy myself (because I am just that kind of Amazon woman...and Bryce has to work and I refuse to go all day with no use of the sink).
Last night's project? Beautiful new car=FUN!
Tonight's project? Smelly, stinky, clogged garbage disposal=YUCK!
And that, my friends, is just life.

7 comments:

Whitney Seaberg said...

That stinks! (no pun intended!LOL) Isn't that just life? Just when you think you have everything planned, done, kids in bed, and a little "me" time, something happens. Good thing we can smile and say, "There's always tomorrow :)"

Brandon and Becca said...

That stinks. I've done the homemade snake thing and had a lot of success. Just unfold a metal hanger and leave a little hook on the end. I get all kinds of things out of our bathroom sinks. I'm not sure how it would work through a garbage disposal though.

Ali said...

Yuck! We have to do that to Nicole's sink soon. Hope you survive the day and the snake works for you. We loved having Kelsi while you went car shopping so even though you didn't buy it we would be happy to help the next time you think you might buy. :)

Kelly said...

Thanks Ali!

Kendra said...

That really looks like an awesome car, way to hold out after all that saving for the exact one you will love! Yes, we've also done the non-draining sink thing and it stinks...and this time pun intended! Good luck with that, Sis!

Kelly said...

Thanks for the tips guys, oh, if only it was that easy. It took a 2inch thick metal snake that was 50 feet long shoved through the drain hole under the sink and not until we had shoved the snake in over 30 feet did we unclog!

It was a long day.

Stephanie said...

Sorry about the sink, not fun, glad you were able to fix it. As for the LX 470...nice ride. We rode to Mexico in one when we lived in NM and our friends drove one. Nice ride, but smart of you to pay cash for it also. We paid cash for our vehicles also, although we didn't have to save for a Lexus. :) Good luck in your search for the right one! :)