Finding the right time to read the scriptures with the family has proven to be an absolute imposssibility for us. We have tried to make it work at bedtime, but inevitably things just don't always go well. Maybe we are late getting the kids in bed and they are lucky if they get their teethbrushed, let alone read to. Or maybe Bryce is out of town and by nighttime I am a crazy lunatic who just needs :10 alone and anything that prolongs the bedtime routine is tossed out on its ear (even teethbrushing...sorry mom).
However, I am now so happy to report that we have found a convenient time to read scriptures and say morning prayers and the kids LOVE it! My fantastic time? Just after lunch and before Brody goes out to catch the bus. We always take about :10 or so and read, then pray. It's been a nice little routine.
Brody, especially, is loving it. Yesterday he told me, "Mom, I just don't know what I'd do if I couldn't read the scriptures and say a prayer before I went to school." If that isn't enough to melt a mom's heart, I don't know what is.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Yeah!
Posted by Kelly at 8:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
What a great boy he is! Good for you. This year we're finally doing pretty well. We do it at dinner time when the kids are still finishing up. Sometimes I'm standing doing dishes but hey, it's working for us. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment