Some days I am just at my wit's end with Kelsi and her sassy mouth. The other day after numerous stair-sittings, spankings (her choice of punishment), and threatenings I finally told her to open her mouth, I was going to put soap on her tongue if she didn't knock it off.
Of course, she didn't. So I marched her over to the kitchen sink (with Brody in tow-he wasn't going to miss this!) and told her to stick out her tongue. Then I took a tiny bit of Melaleuca handsoap (hey, it's natural-right?) and stuck it on the tip of her tongue. I gave her my most authoritative glare, waiting for her to start sputtering out her declarations of sorrow.
Instead, she cocks her head to the side and says, "Mmm, this tastes good!" Then Brody wanted some and he declared it was good. I was so disappointed. That was my ace-in-the-hole. Now what?
*FLASH FORWARD*
To today at dinner. We are eating at the bar when out of nowhere Brody pipes up and says, "Mom, remember when we ate that soap? That was good." Then Kelsi says, "Ya, can you put some on my food?" Dumbfounded, I turned to Bryce and said, "These kids won't eat pork and mashed potatoes, but they think soap tastes good. Maybe I should start making the dinner taste like soap." "Yeah," Kelsi says, "Then I would eat it, because I just really liked that soap taste."
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Make it taste like soap please, mom.
Posted by Kelly at 6:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I am laughing out loud still as I'm typing this! You're kids are soooooooooooo funny! We had so much fun today. I love those kids. Brody was cracking us up as we were pulling out of the driveway. He is one happy kid. Kelsi is my favorite kid. I hope I have a girl when I am around her. I know you get tired of the sass....but she is so awesome!
Thanks Mandy! Come over any time we love it.
LOL! I know about the sas...Bryce has just started to do this and
Sammy follows suit sometimes. I see you've got Colton in the Jumperoo- I think we've got the exact same one. I was wondering if it was too early for Jacob. How's he liking it?
OH MAN!!! That is so funny! I was laughing so loud!! I can totally picture them sitting there asking for their food to taste like soap. Kelsi is a riot. But just FYI you are suppopsed to use the bar soap, the gross, sticks on your teeth, bitter, nasty bar soap. Go pick one up at your local $1 store :)
HILARIOUS!!!! I love hearing about all the things I get to look forward to when Skyler starts talking :)
Denys, I can't find my link to your family blog-hook me up again will you? Also, I put Colton in the jumperoo as soon as his head was steady at least a month or more ago. He loves it. He is 5 months old now.
This is hilarious!!!! Your kids are awesome.
Um, I think it' time for some new soap. Try Ivory. I have some very distictive memories of that flavor...
Kel, that is so, so funny! Those crazy kids! So which soap did you use, that way I'll know not to use that one. I would imagine the gold bar would be pretty potent, maybe buy one of those for the next sassy moment! I am definitely going to read Jeremiah this one, he'll love it!
LOL! Great story! Try Tabasco sauce next time.
Post a Comment